Monday, August 29, 2005

Reflecting on My Radio Shift

WAWL Posted by Picasa


I played a Steppenwolf blues suite from side 2 of their second album, Love performing a live Red Telephone and August, Frank Black's Los Angeles, Sisters of Mercy's More, Aimee Mann's Live Deathly and the Scientist as well as Dear John and I Can't Get My Head Around It, Stan Ridgway's Down the Coast Highway, Wall of Voodoo's Far Side of Crazy, Lou Reed's Sword of Damocles, David Bowie's It's No Game pt1, ELO's Hello My Old Friend, the Waterboy's We Are Jonah, EBN-OZN's A,E,I,O,U Sometimes Y, and M.A.C.C.'s cover of Hendrix's Hey Baby (Land of the New Rising Sun). It was a blast. They do need to update the equipment or fix it up a bit. Whenever I played a CD I had to push start about 3 or 4 times. The headphone jack worked on and off. I was rusty as well. I did 2 hours, from 9-11 AM and then Bryan Stone rocked and Josh Clayton was to do a shift and there were others their as well. It was cool to meet Bryan and Josh and see Steve and Jim along with Uncle Don and Bob Riley. Plus it was a treat when I ran into Dave Weinthall of the Enigma. I had a reality check when someone called that used to call me every shift, but they really wanted to request a tune that they thought I would be most likely to play. It will always be about the music more than the jock.

2 Comments:

Blogger BEEz said...

I missed your show (as I wasn't on the web all weekend). Post when you will be on next and I'll tune in. Happy spinning...

2:35 PM  
Blogger Randy Black said...

I will probably do a few more shows. I just want to take the time to come up with more recent material. It is funny that this shift echoed my last shift that I had done for the same station about 6 years earlier with recent Aimee Mann and Love releases and perhaps the Waterboys being the exception. Anyway I will post prior to my next gig.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

free hit counter