Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Thoughts on the Buddy Holly Story and Buddy Holly

The Buddy Holly Story Posted by Picasa


Tonight I watched The Buddy Holly Story again. Gary Busey was brilliant, dead-on, Buddy Holly. What a performance. I prefer this movie to La Bamba and I really like La Bamba. It is hard to believe that anyone ever again could be as innovative as Buddy Holly was. I can see why the Beatles' name was based on Buddy's Crickets. And the songs.......
It's So Easy
That'll Be The Day (Influenced by John Wayne)
Everyday
Rave On
Words
Maybe Baby
Peggy Sue
Not Fade Away
Etc., Etc., Etc.
Buddy could have given us so much more. What would he sound like if he recorded in the 70's?

1 Comments:

Blogger Randy Black said...

The song was never a favorite iof mine, but the movie makes me appreciate it more.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

free hit counter