Thursday, January 13, 2005

Freedom?

I am posting comments I made at Mighty Marvell's blog, Incorporeal Works. He is a great intellect, and I enjoy his blogs quite a bit. My prose will never be as savvy as his. I tend not to spend as much time, so I tend to have my share of grammatical errors adn (lol) stream of conscience blah blah blah!!!!
Let's cut to the chase.
If religion is not taught, then most certainly citizenship should be taught. Freedom my friend, existed to a greater extent when devotion was taught in schools. Now, we have cameras everywhere: at intersections, parking lots, check-outs, restrooms (I know for a fact that the movie theaters and some clothing stores have them there, just not pointed at the stalls), etc. We have all telephone conversations taped, all emails, blogs, etc recorded and kept. We have satellites in space. We are about to have to at least put our finger prints on our national ID's and perhaps iris scans and DNA. We even have to use our finger prints to cash checks. We are to have biometric (chip) data implanted unless Americans cause an uproar. Our purchases are stockpiled by Bonus Cards, Checking Accounts, and Credit Cards. Even money has tracking devices, and soon presciption drugs. Everyone needs to wake up and realize that freedom is dead. We force a country to be democratic which means they are not free, but democratic. Sound familiar? On another subject, the weather sure is strange. Luke 21:25.

3 Comments:

Blogger BEEz said...

I agree that citizenship should be part of curricula. Manners and common decency are going by the wayside these days, but I still don't want any prayers or forced devotion in schools (religions don't own citizenship, manners, or decency). I don't think that we were more free because religion was part of schools in the past, rather, they were simpler times and we were much more local. Telephones, radios, computers, etc. brought us to where we are now, not taking religion out of schools.

12:05 PM  
Blogger felix said...

Religion is important to probably a majority of us here in the Bible Belt's Buckle, but it is possible to teach purely secular standards of responsibility and citizenship. I remember my junior high school civics courses, from many, many years ago. Heh. I am old, in other words.

I don't believe the current students in public schools get the same breadth and quality of instruction.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Randy Black said...

Great Comments!!!
The ceasing of religion in school does not have to lead to worse attitudes. One could teach kids how to behave and insist upon it if all in the school were on the same path. Manners are essential in society. That is why rappers learn to adapt in situations with movie stars and the public when they learn it gets them more bucks. My criticism on the public and private school systems is coming. My delay in this report is due to the fact that after a year spent teaching in both, there is too much to list that I do not know where to start.
As for some of our loss freedoms, there has been a plan in effect for some time by both Congress and Parliament to have an initially voluntarily data submission period of biometric data followed by a mandatory deadline in the works for a few years. I will soon tackle this subject and provide the government links soon. I think you will agree that if it is not apocryphal then it is most certainly Orwellian.
I had to have my computer re-formatted and am on a slower connection, and have slower updates, etc. I'll get to it Damn it. LOL
Peace Guys

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

free hit counter