Tuesday, November 09, 2004

First Impression of The Rebel Billionaire


Richard Branson searches for a new Virgin label head

Tonight was the world premiere of the Rebel Billionaire. I was looking forward to it because I enjoy most reality TV shows. The previews of this new show reminded me somewhat of the Amazing Race which has been my favorite reality show for sometime.
This show started out with 16 contestants being driven to Branson's mansion by a cab driver who turned out to be Branson in disguise. Two contestants were eliminated based on how they treated the driver. I like this in Branson, because I believe everyone in every social status should be treated with the same amount of dignity.
Another nice touch was when a limo pulled up and was opened a Donald Trump look-alike came out. It showed that Branson has a nice sense of humor. His choice in music for the show, "Live and Let Die" shows he has great taste that rocks.
I enjoyed the first stunt where 7 of the contestants had to walk a thin beam between two hot air balloons. Since two of the contestants were not able to make the cross before the other balloon separated, they had to climp a floating ladder to the top of the balloon where they had tea with Richard and enjoyed great fellowship.
My first impression halfway through the first show is that Branson always treats the contestants with dignity when he dismisses people and he is genuinely nice. That coupled with the adventure of the show will make it a must watch. It is on Tuesday nights like the Amazing Race, but thank goodness it will be on at 8:00, Amazing Race at 9:00. I can still enjoy the Amazing Race while getting to know this one. Thanks Richard, your show looks really cool.

1 Comments:

Blogger Randy Black said...

My opinion of the bilionaire show has changed. I think the show is not always fair to its contestants. Some have been degraded non-necessarily. While Amazing Race has been great.

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

free hit counter