Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Dear John Letter



Dear John Kerry,
I am so disheartened that America will not have you as the next commander-in-chief. I admire you for many reasons that began when I saw you in New York City in July of 2003, and you were authentically nice to a person when you were greeted by a person across the street, almost a block behind you. You could have kept on walking, talking to the person next to you, but you did not. You smiled, turned, and responded to the man.
You are a man of means yet you are burdened by the poor and downtrodden in the world. You wanted to help the elderly. You wanted to give us all health care. The Bible says that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into Heaven, but you will get there I am sure.
You used your words wisely. I am sure in your administration there would be no bring it on, crusade, mission accomplished, Axis of Evil, either for us or against us, wanted dead or alive, or other words that would be said in haste polarizing the United States.
I know that in your administration America would have lived by American values in deed and not in empty words. There would not have been any Abu Ghraib type of human rights violations in the world in which I so longed to live.
I only wish that the media would have been on your side and would have shown the meat of your messages and would have quoted your words instead of making you defend the lies of another. I felt frustrated during the campaign when I saw the biases of Tom Brokaw, Bill Hemmer, and the scowl of Candy Crowley. In the world we could have had the press would have prioritized truth, not yellow journalism.

You said in your concession speech that you wish you could hug us all. We need it my friend. Thank you for giving us a dream.
Sincerely,
Randy Black

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

free hit counter