Friday, May 13, 2005

Interviews

I am sorry that I have been neglecting my blog. I have been trying to get an elementary teaching position. I had one interview today. I hope I made a good impression, because I need the money, and I love to teach. I get really nervous during interviews. If I didn't need the job as bad I would do a better job answering questions. I feel the pressure. It is funny that I never felt this way when I used to interview millionaire performers, but then again, I did the interviewing.

4 Comments:

Blogger BEEz said...

Good luck Randy, I'm sure you'd make a cool teacher...

4:24 PM  
Blogger Randy Black said...

Thanks Beez. I really care about kids. It saddens me to see so many schools purposefully passing kids who are not learning.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Randy Black said...

I have had no luck with the interviews. Cloud Springs Elementary emailed me to tell me that I did not have the job. Their were 30 other applicants for three jobs. I believe they went with the most experience. The next interview was with Red Bank Elementary. I could tell they wanted to hire me but like other jobs that I have applied for with Hamilton County Schools the board has never okayed my hire. Another former DJ that has tried to work for them told me he thinks they are biased against men teachers in elementary. I have always given them the benefit of the doubt. Another person suggested that they just go with the most experienced teachers. New teachers however, have been taught the latest research and ideologies and may be more effective in the classrooms. As time passes I find myself contemplating other employmment opportunities. I have a family to support.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Randy Black said...

Excuse my grammar! It should be There not Their. I am slipping!

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

free hit counter