Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Update

Sorry to have been away for a bit. I had my computer in the shop again. Not much else has been happening. I am a year older as of yesterday. I hope to see Aimee Mann in Atlanta. I have seen a lot of reviews on her new album and hope it comes out on its projected May 3 release date. Also Dylan is coming to town in June with Willie Nelson. That would be good to catch as well. Chattanooga's weeklong Riverbend Festival is in June but, I am not that enthusiastic about the lineup or being in a crowd of 100,000 plus. Colin Hay of Men at Work would be my favorite performer and to a lesser extent Pure Prairie League.

2 Comments:

Blogger BEEz said...

Bummer about your computer, but Happy Birthday. I just had some flowers sent to my Mom for her big day (tomorrow). Your festival looks fun. I bet Cheap Trick will put on a good show (being a midwesterner I saw them many times in the 70s and 80s) and I assert that they are an underrated band (even though they faded out of the scene on bad power balads). In those same days, I saw Pure Prarie League too (I think when Vince Gill was with them). Rhonda Vincent was listed on one of those days. She is a real bluegrass singer who grew up a few miles from my home town in Missouri. She had a restaurant there, but I never made it back there to see her perform. If you like bluegrass, she is tops from what I hear. Ciao.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Randy Black said...

I didn't notice Cheap Trick on the list, but I would like that show. They do a really cool cover of The Move's Brontosaurus. Besides they are fun and can jam.
PPL had Vince in the band during the Let Me Love You Tonight era.
I enjoyed Craig Fuller in Little Feat and if he is once again fronting PPL then would love their show.
As for bluegrass, I appreciate it somewhat but, we get our share of bluegrass, appalachian music here.
I hope mom has a great B-day!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

free hit counter