Sunday, April 24, 2005

4 Auburn Players Taken In First Round 2 Are Now Redskins

Auburn's Jason Campbell Now A Redskin Posted by Hello


The draft has gone great!!!! Running back Ronnie Brown was taken second overall by the Miami Dolphins, Running back Carnell "Cadillac" Williams was drafted fifth overall by the Tampa Bay Bucaneers, and Washington with their two first round picks, selected CB Carlos Rogers Ninth and Quarterback Jason Campbell twenty-fifth. It is the first time a QB and 2 RBS from the same team have been drafted in the first round in the era of the modern draft. It is the first time since 1995's Penn State that 3 players from the same college have been drafted in the top 10. It is the first time in the modern draft that an Auburn QB has been drafted in the first round. I am happy that my favorite pro team, the Redskins have selected 2 former Tigers. Maybe they can pick up another as the draft continues tomorrow and Washington's third pick will be in the fourth round. Look for Junior Rosegreen, Jay Ratliff, Bret Eddins, and Silas Daniels to be drafted in later rounds.

2 Comments:

Blogger BEEz said...

Only two of my Iowa Hawkeyes went in the second round then three more in the later rounds, all later than predicted. Unfortunately, none were picked up by my Chiefs... The upside is that so many players are coming back. Who knows, maybe Iowa will play Auburn in a bowl game. Of course, I'm hoping that Iowa plays for National Championship, but a BCS would be great. Also, who knows, maybe my Chiefs will see your Skins in the superbowl. I'm getting board with the Pats winning everything...

1:08 PM  
Blogger Randy Black said...

The Chiefs verses Skins would be great. I never seem to get Priest on my fantasy football team, but I did pick up Blaylock when Holmes was hurt. Tren Green I remember from his Redskin QB days. Of course all the media would focus on how the Native Americans dislike or like the nicknames. Personally, I think the names honor Native Americans and help tribal causes with top of mind awareness. Iowa always has a team that looks huge and it would be cool for the two teams to meet because they would have to both have good records.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

free hit counter