Tuesday, November 23, 2004

The Third Album


You'll Never Walk Alone

There is no doubt in my mind why I bought this album on my seventh birthday. Elvis was the universal standard by which everything that was cool was measured. I used to read the TV Guide listings to see who was starring in each movie so that I would be able to see all the Elvis movies. (I also looked for Bobby Sherman, and later George Harrison. I kept getting fooled by Gregory Harrison's name.) I enjoyed the movies Girl Happy, Speedway, and A Change of Habit. I remember seeing A Change of Habit in the theater and that probably influenced my decision to buy this religious Elvis album. I liked the songs Let us Pray and Sing You Children. Of my first three albums, this is the only artist whose albums I would buy again. However, the fourth album that I bought would change everything.

1 Comments:

Blogger Randy Black said...

The pic on this album has been changed to a younger Elvis with shorter hair. I guess the Presley camp thinks it will sale better. For some reason my pic of this dissapeared in my third album post. Conspiracy?

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

free hit counter