Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving


Turkeys Peak Over the Log

I thought that I would use a different font for a special day. I thank the Lord Jesus Christ for dying for me and for forgiving my many sins. I thank him for my wonderful family. I thank him for the opportunities that I have had in my many years of broadcasting to many people including the folks that listened between Chattanooga and the following places: Knoxville, Monteagle Mtn, Western South Carolina, Western North Carolina, Fort Payne, Alabama, and Calhoun, Ga and all the places in between including the kind, the obnoxious, the downtrodden, the wealthy, etc. Also, the lurkers, and kind readers like Beez and Ken. I thank God for my close friends like Ken, Sharon, Marta, Drew,
Craig, Bruce, Dub, and Sissie.

I spent yesterday cooking a feast that included turkey, dressing, macaroni and cheese, potatoes, corn on the cob, sweet potatoes, rolls, gravy, jalapeno poppers, yellow cake with chocolate icing, coconut macaroons, and pumpkin pie. A lot of food for four people. We feasted. Today, my parents met me at Ryan's in Dalton, Ga and we ate with them. They even bought me gas. They knew I was broke. I also saw the new house they are about to move into. It is octagon shaped with a bedroom upstairs overlooking a loft. This will be better for them since their yard is no longer eight acres, not as much mowing.

I am still hoping some of you will take a chance on the before mentioned free ipod deal. It is legit and a bargain that will not go on much longer.

Anyway, have a wonderful Thanksgiving and do a few things with your kids. Spend time with them and you will make memories that are more important than anything else you do. I am trying to do this more often myself and let me tell you this it has been very rewarding to hear all the laughter.

My grandfather who lived to be 98 used to sneak up on me and pull up my hair from the back of my head which would cause my head to rise. He would say, "Turkey peaks over the log". I have continued that tradition but have changed it slightly so that I do it to them and them me when we accidentally say the word turkey. It is not done in a painful manner, just a playful one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

free hit counter