Sunday, August 06, 2006

Arthur Lee jams with Jimi again

Arthur Lee, the former Love frontman passed away Thursday August 3rd in Memphis due to complications from Leukemia. There is so much I could say about the man. I believe that his songwriting is as essential as the works of Lennon and McCartney, and as Rolling Stone Magazine called Love's Forever Changes album, quintessential. The fact that Arthur and Love never made it into the Rock & Roll Hall of fame is its greatest injustice. Unfortunately, Arthur will only make it posthumouslee, if at all. Those of you who have no idea who I am writing about should buy all you can while you can. Arthur, I miss you man. I hope you are no longer troubled and know a greater Love. You and Jimi get to jam again, my friend. Search google news for relevant stories.

2 Comments:

Blogger BEEz said...

I too am sorry that Arthur Lee is gone. I can only hope that it was for the better, considering his illness. Fresh Air had this nice retrospective. Perhaps this news will inspire some folks to look into Love and become one of the fortunate like me and you...

6:12 PM  
Blogger poisgone said...

Arthur was always comfortable with the fact this address is temporary. Love's at peace. Think you might like this blogsite on Arthur.
http://poisgoneforever.blogspot.com/
peace

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

free hit counter